A teenage boy killed himself in his bedroom after suffering months of abuse from bullies who were jealous of the attention he got from girls and threatened to ‘rape his mother’, his parents have said following an inquest.

Brandon Rayat, 15, hanged himself in his bedroom with a scarf after suffering physical and mental abuse as well as ‘online torture’ from other teenagers who called him a “paedophile”, sent him messages from a social media account in the name of Jimmy Savile and threatened to rape his mother.

During an ICT lesson bullies showed Brandon a Google Maps image of his home and told him, ‘We know where you live, we are going to rape your mum.’

The bullying continued every day for over a year until he could no longer attend school, and refused to leave his home for fear of seeing his tormentors, it was said.

The schoolboy, from Leicester, became so distraught by the bullies that he began to suffer from mental health issues and tried to take his own life on a number of occasions.

His mother, Mina, who quit her job as a hairdresser to support her son, said: “The bullies got in his head and sucked the life out of him, it just wasn’t Brandon.

“Brandon was a handsome boy and a lot of girls took a shine to him as he got older. I think the bullies were jealous of that.

“He even shaved his hair off so he could be like them – he just wanted to be accepted. He wanted to go to university and become a doctor. He had his whole life planned out, but these boys were relentless.

“He used to love school, but within a few weeks of the bullying starting, he was asking us to move to another country so he would never see them again.”

Mina and Raj, Brandon’s father, only realised that the bullying was serious when he had a breakdown.

Mina said: “Some of his friends told us that he got a lot of attention from girls at school who liked him and that went against him.

“He had started telling me he didn’t want to go school and that he didn’t like the people there, but I didn’t realise how bad thing were until he had the breakdown.

“He came running into the house one day and he was screaming, ‘I want to die, I want to die’. I had never seen him like this before so I made a GP appointment.”

Brandon was then referred to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), where he attended 11 appointments.

Despite his parents begging mental health professionals to hospitalise their son, they were told it would only increase his anxiety levels, it was said.

At an inquest into Brandon’s death last month, a coroner concluded that Brandon took his own life and that opportunities had been missed by mental health services to assess him face-to-face after he had told a psychiatrist 11 days before his death that he had tried to kill himself.

His 41-year-old mother vowed to get justice for her son.

‘We told our son on his deathbed we would get justice for him. The signs were all there but no one would listen.

‘We did everything we could as parents, I felt there was nowhere else to turn but were just passed around like no one cared.