Two men have been charged in connection with suspected ‘honour killing’ of a teenager whose body was allegedly found stuffed in a freezer at a £1.5 million home last Wednesday.
A 33-year-old man was charged with the murder, rape and kidnap of the 19-year-old and further charged with the kidnap, rape and attempted murder of a second woman in her 20s.
A second man has also been charged with kidnap of both the women.
The charges come after police found a teenage girl’s body stuffed in a freezer after she was stabbed to death in a suspected honour.
A second woman believed to be 21-years-old and a cousin of the victim was also slashed in the throat in the horrific attack in Kingston-on-Thames but managed to escape and is currently in hospital.
The terrified survivor banged frantically on doors of neighbouring homes before staggering to a nearby hospital with a slashed throat and multiple stab wounds.
She told medics she had been kidnapped with her 19-year-old cousin and driven to a detached property under renovation in a wealthy south London suburb.
A family friend said: “The girls had got mixed up with a gang of guys. One wanted to marry one of the boys and her Pakistani family couldn’t take that.
A post-mortem examination carried out on Friday gave the cause of death as an incised wound to the neck.
Police said formal identification of the teenager has not yet taken place.
A woman, 29, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, was released under investigation, and police said they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the case.
Detective Chief Inspector Samantha Price, leading the investigation, said: “We are doing everything we can to fully understand the circumstances of this despicable attack on two young women.
“The death of the 19-year-old woman is being treated as murder and the attack on the 21-year-old is being treated as attempted murder.
“We are appealing for anyone with information to contact us.
“At this early stage it is believed the two victims were taken to an address before being attacked.
“We also understand that the victims were known to their attackers.
“Inquiries continue to establish the motive for this incident.”
Both men, who have not yet been named, are due to appear before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Monday.